View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Admiral

Law Enforcement doesn't get discounts. I can talk about firefighters since I used to be a Captain in a local Fire Department..... the firemen usually stand outdoors and flood the structure with water to put the flames out. Occassionally, they have to go into a burning structure, I know, I have done it myself, and fight the fire that way and look for rescue events.

Now, compare this to law enforcement officers (LEO) ...

The LEOs have to face people who might be carrying a weapon that is unseen and have to let them brandish the weapon first . If the person just wants to fight, then the LEO has to fight hand to hand, risking injury to himself, just to usually see that the actor or family will file charges of brutality afterwards. A great percentage of society does not want LEOs around and talk cruelly to the LEOs. :o The person in the car that the LEO stopped may have a gun beside them on the seat and shoots at the LEO while he walks up unsuspectingly. At a traffic stop, another driver may hit the LEO because the driver was careless or actually wanted to hit the LEO. An LEO may go to a family disturbance and while placing a threat of detaining the actor, the family member who was being abused, might see their precious loved one, that just beat them and was called on, being taken away and suddenly, the LEO that was called for help, is now the enemy and migh tbe attacked, shot at.

Being on both sides of this, as a fireman and LEO, I see that the LEOs are the heroes all the time. And we don't get discounts on these cruises as you suggest the firemen do. If they do.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.