View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Admiral

AnnieS please reread my posting... I said that I was a CAPTAIN in a fire department for 10 years and I, MYSELF, had to lead the fighting line into burning structures, initiating searches as I led the way down halls that had no paths, crashing through floors that had burnt away from my footsteps, falling through roofs that had their supporting structures burnt from under them, feeling the pain from second degree burns as the steam generated from my fog nozzle swept over me, finding every little gap in my protective gear. Feeling the blast zone of a cylinder expoding and knocking down everyone and everything with in its reach, just to get back up and go after it again. Walking out of a structure and noticing you can't see properly because the heat was so intense that your vosor actually melted. I am alluding that MOST of the time, firefighters go in when it is safe as is proper. It is not proper to put one's life into danger if the situation does not call for it. ALSO>>> notice I DID NOT say that firefighters were not heroes. Not at all. So chill!! The 343 that went into the building on that fateful day were under the impression that the building was safe. All of us were! Who, in their wildest American dreams, would have thought that a plane would be used as a weapon to bring those buildings down.

I know what I am talking of when I write about the firefighters. I realize that you are close to the subject at hand and my hat is off to your husband, but, if you yourself have never gone into the blackness of the light, then don't preach to those who have.

Again, I invite you to reread my post and concur that I did not say firefighters were not heroes.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.