View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Admiral

Default Re: I digress...

No, it is considered a shore excursion. And you even get paid for taking it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisschool
So, is jury duty be considered "trip interruption" under travel insurance!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster
Was on the stringer and had to call in during one cruise. Also missed an important family reunion once due to serving on a jury for manslaughter. The defendant, however, lost the rest of his life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisschool
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysis
i think kat is still stuck in jury duty mode! wake up sis! the nightmare is over! you can now go on to live a normal life! at least as normal as is possible for you!! at least until your next jury summons!
Crazysis,

Since you brought it up, I want to ask if anyone has ever been called to appear for jury duty when they were scheduled for a cruise? I'm starting to get the heebie jeebies here, because it would be just my luck to have that happen.

I actually was summoned for jury duty twice within a 3 month period. Evidentally, unless you're CHOSEN for a jury, they can call you back and call you back and call you back...(It's like Groundhog Day!)
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas