Thread: Dress attire
View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2007, 02:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollrud
We just took the Galaxy to southern carribean. People were not dressed up in tux's and the women wore nice dresses or pants outfits. On the Freedom of the Sea's it was very dressy. I think the majority of the men wore tux's. We got to bring on booze too. We purchased it in a store at the port terminal in San Juan. We bought 2 bottles of Grey Goose and one bottle of Don Q. We also bought coke and tonic on . The prices at the terminal were cheap. I was surprized they allowed us to bring it on. We had a good time. We did not automatically have the tips put on our charge. We used envelopes. Hope you have a good time
I know the original posters have already left and returned, but hopefully this will be appropriate for future readers-

I have to agree with Mollrud. Celebrity does NOT enforce the dress code, much to our distaste. We always follow the dress code, to the "T". On formal night, it's interesting to see the number of men who don't follow the dress code-and even on the semi-formal, or casual nights, to see many men just don't care, or put on a jacket. We've seen men and women in "dress" black jeans, or even a pull over shirt which didn't seem appropriate. On the other hand, it feels good to put on the pomp and circumstance and dress up. People behave differently when they do.