Thread: Dress attire
View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by daysatsea
Mermen -
Celebrity does not usually enforce the dress code - but there have been instances where it has been. (I have personally seen someone turned away from the theater on a formal night who changed after dinner on a formal night.) To say "Celebrity does NOT enforce the dress code" is a disservice to others who may take that as the law and be on the one particular cruise and/or night where the dress code is enforced.
When people ask me about dress code, I usually reply that Celebrity has three types of evening dress which according to the daily is required in public areas of the ship for the evening with the exception of the pool deck. The enforcement of the dress code is sporadic.
That leaves it to them to make the decision about what to do.
Thanks for your correction.

MY experience is that Celebrity does not enforce the dress code at dinner (except in the paid restaurants). And I have spoken to the management AND staff in the dining room, simply to ask if the dress code was a requirement. I had always assumed that the dress code was a requirement. How can there be a code or a requirement if restrictions are not in place? That would make it a "suggested dress" or an "optional dress"...I have never seen enforcement on Celebrity.

The concept behind a forum is for everyone to share their own experience, and for each person to make their own decision. My opinion and statement is not a disservice. It is my experience and my opinion-just as yours is.