Thread: Dress attire
View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev22:17
BTW, I have seen reports that #3 and #4 are not true of the four night and five night cruises to the Caribbean aboard MV Century. I think that Celebrity would be well advised to discontinue these itineraries and refocus on the segment of the population that the line has traditionally served in order to preserve the clarity of its branding. And in this context, the announcement that the line's new "all casual" product will be known as "Azamara Cruises" rather than "Celebrity Expeditions" (which means that the ships acquired from Pullmantur Cruises will become MV Azamara Journey and MV Azamara Quest rather than MV Celebrity Journey and MV Celebrity Quest, respectively) is also a good marketing move.

Norm.
I don't think Celebrity will discontinue these shorter cruises too soon based on what I have observed on a two day Celebrity cruise. First of all, shorter cruises bring in new people who have not cruised Celebrity before and secondly, I think people on short cruises tend to spend more aboard the ship. I know that on our two day, one of the bars had to stop admitting people because it was filled to capacity and all the lounges had people 3 and 4 deep at the bar. It seems like on short cruises, there are more party people than on a longer Celebrity cruise which of course generates more revenue. The downside is that those of us who normally cruise for 14 days and consider 7 days a short cruise are being left behind to find other lines.
Galaxy-11/99
Horizon-Adults only-11/02
Century-1/04
Millennium-12/05
Century-1/09

Mercury-Alaska-6/00
Millennium-Transatlantic-9/01, 10/03, 11/05
Zenith-Special Caribbean 11/06
Back to back Millennium 28 days - Mediterranean 11/18/07, Transatlantic - 12/2/07