View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2007, 03:14 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Shore Excursions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel 25
Next year ( Feb. 17, 2008), my wife and will be going to Australia and New Zealand. We know nothing about this area. We would appreciate your help as we plan our shore excursions. We often use independent tour operators for many of our other cruises, but we think it would be best to use Celebrity's tours for this trip? We love to walk and will often walk 10 or more miles with our dog. Would there be many attractions within walking distance from the dock? Here is our itinerary:
Sydney---Melbourn---Hobart---Dunedin---Christchurch---Wellington---Tauranga---and Auckland.
Thank you for any help on these ports. Are there any "don't miss" attractions?
I can sort of help with the NZ ports, but I think I will spread it out over a few days.

Using the cruise line tours is probably the best way to go as we do have tourist based companies but they are hard to find as cruise ships are not a regular thing like they are in the Caribbean zone.

Dunedin is a very Scottish city as it reminded the settlers of their home country, as it is very chilly in winter.
The must see here I think would be "Larnach Castle" which has a very tragic story behind it and is apparently "Haunted"!
I am not sure of how far the city is from the port on this one?

Also the best way to find out about all these ports would be to go to http://www.google.co.nz/ enter the name of the city and select "pages from New Zealand"
This will give you lots of info.

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!