View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2007, 12:51 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice Marie
Holly: we booked a cruise on the Golden this September - inside passage. It will be our first time on this ship. Which cabin did you have and do you have any complaints or comments? We booked a balcony stateroom - Caribe deck.
We had an inside cabin on Aloha deck (A403). Which was another learning experience. My thinking was we wouldn't spend very much time in the room. So save money on the room and have more to spend on other stuff. But then after the cruise we thought it would have been better to have a balcony, for a couple of reasons. One, it's a little claustrophic and two, sometimes you don't want to stand on the railing with everyone else while the scenary goes by. Of course, in the room you can't move around to other sides of the ship to look at other views.

And please understand, I didn't have a bad time or a bad experience. Nor was I ranting. I just wanted to point out things which as a first time cruiser were new to me and I thought important to share.

Have a great time. Dress warm! And try to to get Ramile and Ulal as your waiters. They were great!

Holly