View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Passenger

Aunt Holly , I'm glad somebody from the first Alaska sailing has posted. We are going to be on the 5/19 sailing. That is in just FOUR days, YAAAHOOO! It will be our first Alaska trip and just our fourth cruise in less than two years, we're hooked. And also the kids are all graduated from college and working, whew.

If you say the buffet is a zoo I can believe it. We saw the same thing on Carnival. Some peeps ate there the whole time while playing poker and occupaying large tables for hours. We can pretty much adjust rapidly to any undersirable situation though. We bring on our own wine. The cruise contract specifies that we can bring wine on board. It does not give a limit, but online info states one bottle per person. Maybe its a new policy, but I'm stickin to the contract. Did you notive anybody having trouble with this? With regards to the weather, I've been monitoring it pretty close as far as temps and total precipitation, but couldn't get much on the visibility and mist. How was that? And is just layering (with a waterproof shell and fleece underneath) adequate? Would also like to hear about your excursions. We are so excited we can hardly sleep. Thanks

Jim/San Diego