View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2001, 11:56 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Carnival Fantasy - any tips/advice? Free sodas

Hi Snorkle
I was on the 4 day Fantasy cruise on 10/14/01. Sodas are definately NOT free. You can buy the soda card for I think 15.00 for unlimited soda. It's worth it if you drink 2-3 sodas /day as they are 2.50 per bottle. As for the shows we saw one at the dynasty lounge that was like a music review through the years. It was great. We spent a lot of time in the piano bar. If you have a good crowd it will be fun. Don't bother with any of the shore tours in Freeport as there isn't much to see. We went on our own. If either of you has any hair at all, be prepared to fight off the hair braiders in the straw market. Nassau wasn't so bad, they left you alone. We did the Blue Lagoon island excursion in Nassau. It was a really nice place, but the tour didn't leave until 1:00 with a 45 minute ride to the island and then you depart the island at 3:45 back to the ship. Would like to have had more time. Also don't rent the snorkeling equipment on the ship, they have rentals on the island and you don't have to lug it around. Let me know if you have any other questions...I love this topic.
Happy Cruising!