View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:24 AM
Admiral

I no longer do fanny packs. They just look so unflattering and so "middle-aged, middle america, touristy". Part of the white socks with sandals look.

I have several small pouches that can be worn across the body or over the shoulder. I have picked most of them up at $.99 stores. I have one that is actually large enough to hold my wallet. I don't bring that with me on cruises. On a cruise I bring two. One is actually a nylon camera bag I got from the $.99 store. It is large enough to hold a camera, your sail & sign, credit card, gum, lipstick, misc. It is what I tend to walk around the ship with.

I also have one just a bit larger that is also nylon from the $.99 store. It can hold all of the above plus a bit more, like hand sanitizers, lotion, tissues, etc.

For beach and water activities, I have a gigantic canvas mesh bag with a "Macys' logo on it. Macys sell (sold) these in their stores. They are actually similar to the shopping bags that many stores have now for your convenience. It is the best $7.99 I have ever spent. It holds everything and you just sling it over your shoulder. Since it is mesh and black, sand, water, dirt, etc. are not a problem. I use this for beach days to hold my sunblock, novel, towel, swim shoes.

I also do not take anything off the ship that I can't live without. I use my sail and sign as ID and take one credit card and just enough money to last that day.

I am from NYC and I just do not let people get close enough to me to be able to pick my purse. I am not willing to get in that close proximity to anybody. However, most of my purses come with zipper enclosures.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)