View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hair braiding is available at most cruise ship stops, some areas you won't be able to go 20 yards without hearing "braid your hair pretty lady".
My daughter has long hair, that is how I know.
My wife's girlfriend and her family sailed with us a few years ago, long story short my wife's friend decided to get her hair braided while we were in Lucaya, $2 a braid. After the vendor was done with the front half of her hair, she informed her that it would be $50, there were 25 small braids across her head, another $50 and she would braid the back. Needless to say said friend decided that $50 was plenty.

After returning to the ship that afternoon I noticed a lot of girls on board that probably had the same experience, front half of their head braided, with red strips in between. (sunburn)
Here's the funny part, the next day she was uncomfortable and had a headache because the braids were too tight, so she had to take them out.

Moral of the story; is it's your vacation spend your $ how you want, just make sure that you choose a vendor that is licenced.
Also, beware of the guys trying to give you a "free" bracelet for a small donation, they can be very rude, but, I'll save that story for another time!
Carnival Imagination 2008
Carnival Destiny 2009
Carnival Valor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2011
Carnival Miracle 2012