View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2007, 02:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were on the Liberty to Panama and got back May 20. It is a fine ship. It was hard to get used to not being able to go straight through the ship on decks 3 and 4 because of where the dining rooms were situated. It is a little annoying. The food was great in the dining room. We ate breakfast there once because my husband wanted to try it but I prefer the Lido for lunch and breakfast.
There wasn't much shopping though if you like that. For as big as the ship was I was surprised. Watch out! The photo gallery is huge.
The entertainment was also excellent. We don't do the late for mature audiences show so I can't comment on that. Unless you want to sit right down on the pool there seemed to be lots of lounge chairs.
We searched around untill we found the way to get as far forward and as high as you can get as a passenger. It can be done.
I don't play Texas hold'em but my husband did the last time we sailed and he enjoyed it but now the table is electronic and he said he watched for a few minutes but nobody talks, no interaction at all, and he said it was rather boring. I think they made a mistake there.
There were lots of interestingly decorated bars and sushi area and all kinds of areas to get away from the crowds. The crowds were mostly on Lido. The big screen on Lido is neat. I loved the lights in the atrium and in front of Victoria Lounge and along some of the other areas of the ship. They can program them to do all sorts of color changes. The big blown glass chandelier in the Venetian was done by the same guy who did the magnificent glass sculptures in the Atlantis in Nassau, if you've been there you know what I mean. Beautiful.
We did some big tours and were tired so we didn't go to the late buffet. Probably should have at least checked it out and taken pictures. It was on Lido too.
Sorry I can't comment on the ports you asked about but my neighbor has been to some of them and loved the areas. We will get there someday.
Next cruise is Hawaii in September. Have fun.
We had a great time.
Carnival Dream-Oct 2010-Eastern Caribbean
RCL Oasis-May 2010-Western Caribbean
Carnival Fantasy-April 2010-Mexico
HAL Ryndam-Sept 2009-Alaska
Carnival Holiday-May 2009-Cozumel
Carnival Celebration-April 2008-Key West, Nassau
Carnival Liberty-May 2007-Panama Canal
Carnival Miracle-Apr 2006 (1st for DH)- Mexico, Belize
Carnival Holiday-Feb 2005-Mexico
Carnival Fascination-Dec 2000-Nassau