View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Happy Camper

Default Re: what to wear that first day ?

I was going to say too that it probably will not be all that warm in New oRleans expecially at night when you pull out and watching you pull out and travel on a river is really interesting and one of the best parts of going out of New Orleans so I'd suggest something warm. I usually wear jeans the first day becuase of lines and handling luggage etc and will be wearing just that in Galveston on Saturday when we leave. Also I'll bring a sweat shirt as it will be in the 50s when we pull out. Also the high for the day isn't usually reached till 3pm or so. So even at noon when boarding it could be in the 50s here in Galveston. This way I don't have to pack my heavy jeans that I like to bring in case it is cold the last day coming back in or if I take a horseback riding or ATV tour where they are needed. By the way I'm not sure where you are from but going out of any of us mid western Southern states you will find a lot of jeans in the dining room even on casual nights expecially on Carnival where most are more laid back. This is good or bad however you see it but just thought I'd mention it. PRobably less jeans are seen on RCL. Most people on these cruises are from Trexas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Arkansas so they are real friendly and laid back cruises. There are of course some from Canada and California and all over too just less than if you go out of Miami. I'm probably telling you what you already know so I'm sorry for rambling - have a great cruise - we can't wait for ours on Saturday. Debbie