View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2007, 02:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

We went to Samana in April 07. Which we thought was better then St.Thomas we went on a self drive 4x4 excursion which turned out to be far more touching than we would have thought the local people were so nice and helpful that my Daughters want to go back to see the kids we met. We went to a working plantation where we sampled some of the local foods and drink which I myself was amazed at how they live and how they survive off of what is grown in the woods and how they cook on open flamed pits. It really made me and my family appreciate what we take for granted everyday a lot more. On the same excursion we went on a 20 minute walk to a natural waterfall which was beautiful and we swam for about half an hour.There were children that helped my wife and girls walk the trail and over some small rocks.At the end we gave them a couple of dollars each.They even carried our bags.To do this excursion you must be able to drive a stick shift jeep. I don't remember what the cost was but it was well worth it. If your also going to Tortola i highly recommend doing the Dolphin swim There. You can also read my review of our first cruise on this board.

Carnival Legend:Western Caribbean
RCCL - Explorer of the seas: Bermuda - April 08
NCL - Spirit: Eastern Caribbean - April 07