View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Captain

Hi,
well I have not `cruised solo, however I have visited on board with people who were cruising solo on disney before.
They loved it but they were looking for some quiet relaxation instead of a party atmosphere.
we have gone as a couple many times. We had an AWESOME time.

adult pool
2 adult hot tubs
awesome spa (cost extra)
work our center
Bingo (cost extra)
shows every night, great performances
great food and wonderful table mates to visit with. ask for late dining if you want less kids around.

3 clubs in the evening to choose from,a ll adult only. One is a piano bar, one is music and dancing, the other is a sports bar.
also live music on the Promenade lounge each evening, but it is for alla ges. it is open air to a main passageway.

Palos adult only restaurant, reservation only. $10 fee for gratuity.
adult only galley tour
Art of Entertaining tour adult only, on the Magic.

The people I talked with and met ha dall posted on crusie meets threads )roll call threads_ for their crusie and made many friends before the cruise so they knew other adults on board before they cruised.
many had made friends with single parents on board and hung out with them while their kids were in the clubs.

Also on the Magic they had a singles meet the second day for a few minutes. anyone who was 18 and older, was single or a single parent was invited to come and get aquainted with each other as wel las crew members.
There was plenty of events during the day for all ages. ice carving, trivia games, chip it golf, arts and crafts, animation drawing, etc...

so there is plenty for a solo cruiser to do, but it is NOT a party atmosphere, but it was a FUN atmosphere.

Just depends on what you are looking for.

Kathleen

20 DCL cruises and counting!
1 Carnival Glory cruise

Waiitng for the new ships to arrive for more magical cruises!!