View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Best Ship for Hawaii??

Shari,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Hi, my family and I are looking into a Hawaiian cruise for June 2008 and we would like to know which line would be better. I'm hearing such awful things about NCL (especially about the cleanliness- I am a neat freak so that wouldn't work). How was Princess?
Any imput would be much appreciated. Good and Bad please.
Thank you guys!!
Objectively, no line is better than any other. Some lines may be more upscale, or more formal in the evening, or have fancier cuisine, but that's all a matter of style -- and it may or may not be a better match for your style and your tastes. If you are not familiar with the differences in the various lines, you'll need to do your homework to determine which line would be the best match for your style and tastes. I recommend buying a travel guide to cruise lines and cruise ships (all of the major series of travel guides, including Frommer's, Fodor's, Berlitz, and Sterns, publish them) and reading the descriptions of the major cruise lines to get a sense of the differences so that you can make an informed selection.

That said, you should be aware that there are significant differences in the "Hawai'i" itineraries offered by the various lines. The "NCL America" division of Norwegian Cruise Line offers the only cruises that begin and end in Hawai'i and thus that can visit all of the islands in a week -- which are legal only because the "NCL America" vessels are of U. S. registry (required under U. S. law to operate this itinerary). All other cruise lines offer either (1) cruises of about ten or eleven nights that operate "one way" between Honolulu and either Vancover or Ensenada or (2) cruises of about fourteen or fifteen nights that operate round trip from either Los Angeles or San Diego, with a brief stop in Ensenada to meet legal requirements.

Have a great cruise, whichever line you choose!

Norm.