View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Admiral

Default Re: first timer needs big help!

Jane:

Still advise you get the passports as to paraphrase the Governator - "You'll be back!" Plan ahead - then you will not be like so many now paying rush fees at the last minute.

Do try to find a 6th for the cruise - 3 adults in one room will be a bit cramped, unless you upgrade to a larger room, and then that pretty much negates your cost savings of 3 to a room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goLC
Help please! I am trying to plan a cruise for a group of teachers; we're all first-timers and are going during fall break. I have 2 big questions (at least, big for us!) Any advice will be appreciated!
1) There were going to be 6 and now we're down to 5 of us. We were going to get 3 inside rooms, 2 of us in each (we don't plan to be in our rooms much.. just to sleep.) Now we have an odd number; can we fit 3 of us into one inside room, so we'd have 3 in one and 2 in the other? What would be best?
2) We're preparing to get passports on Wednesday; I spoke to a TA on the phone tonight who said we don't need passports, just birth certificate and drivers license. I don't really MIND getting a passport, but if we can save the $100 expense, we can afford to spend more on our rooms or excursions (remember: teachers' salary) I would just die, though, if we got to the ship and couldn't get on without a passport and it was my fault! Or if we got to Cozumel and couldn't get off the boat...

Thanks in advance for your help; I've enjoyed reading all of the message boards; I've been taking notes!

Jane
Amadeus:09Diamond;Celebrity:10Summit; HAL:87Rotterdam V,89Nieuw Amsterdam II,93Nordam III,94Ryndam III,96Westerdam III,99Veendam IV,01Maasdam V,02Amsterdam III,03Volendam III,03Zuiderdam II,04Westerdam IV,04Oosterdam I,05Zaandam III,06Statendam V,06Prinsendam II,07Nordam IV,08Eurodam I,08Rotterdam VI,09Veendam IV,09Volendam,10Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12Ryndam III,13Ryndam III, 14Volendam IV,14Eurodam;P&O:11Artemis;RC:07Splendour of the Seas,11Navigator of the Seas,12Majesty of the Seas;CDF:14Horizon