View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Yeoman

Hi Kay, yes it is fun taking the local bus. You will see lots of nice Asians on the bus. The young ones offer their seats to the old people which is nice. Vancouver is a small city and it is so easy NOT to get lost.. I think is is small compared to Los Angeles.
I heard there may be a $6.00 DAY BUS PASS. Ask your hotel about it. Also ask about the AIR-BUS that can take you to METRO TOWN MALL.
I think you will have to use the local buses too to get to the Mall.

I am glad you like the buses because you really get to see the local people. It is also a care free way of traveling.

The local people call Tim Horton's.... "Timmy's." I have a few friends in Vancouver too.

Are you cruising to Alaska? If your are... look for the discount booklets before you board the ship. Ask one of the vendors located inside the cruise port where the booklets are located. Get two of them. You can get free cans of salmon, free beautiful jewelry, etc. from the Alaskan stores in each town.
Also you can take a shuttle for a small fee to Wal-Mart in one of the towns. That is another way of getting a cheapy tour of the towns.

I KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A GREAT TIME!!! LUCI