View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1959
thanks everyone, I have an Olive Gardan gift card I haven't used up yet - but it has a bar code, not a magnetic strip. I think I'll go get the cheapest Blockbuster gift card I can get, if those are also magnetic. If not, I'll find something that I can use after the cruise. I didn't think that I should use something without my info on it.
Don't spend any money for a card. Use any card with a magnetic strip. No one on the ship is going to "read" your personal info off of the barcode. The safes do not store the info. The card just has to have the barcode to open and close the safe. There are far easier ways to gain access to personal info.

I usually take along an old sail and sign card from a previous cruise. That way if I lose it on the ship, it is no great loss. I don't recommend you use a credit card or bank card only because there is an off chance that the safe will deactivate the magnetic strip.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)