View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Passenger

Well this is from agent who has been in this business since 1988, and boy have I seen the up's and downs in this industry with airlines, cruise industry, travel agencies merging or going out of business, and than 911. I now work for myself and in the past I have worked and helped manage agencies of $200,000 million in sales to a little agency $5 million. I have seen plenty of million dollar agents that know their craft and seen this industries market change.

Agents are a big bread and butter for cruises. Tons of groups sailings, reservations booked a year in advance that hold 100 rooms etc. Cruise line do not get this from individual cruisers. Agents spend alot of time getting these kind of cabin together. It just does not happen. Look at the airlines, after commission cuts in the early 90's are you getting any better service from them? So, it is sad that Carnival decides to market outside of travel agents and beat their prices that they contract to each agency in the first place. I have heard many bad stories from agents with Carnival.

Carnival I do not book much. Frankly, my clients do not like them and their more of a nuisnance. This is not a team effort between Carnival and the agent. I don't care of they say call your travel agent in their advertisement. What thier doing on the inside marketing to people at their homes is another reason why I do not sell Carnival too much.

Travelin' With Theresa