View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2007, 06:11 AM
First Mate

If your glass bottom boat does depart from Our Lucaya, you would be better off just staying there and having lunch at the Marketplace. (there is a Subway right in the very front center, where you could get a simple grilled chicken sandwich, if you don't want to try some local cuisine)

The cab ride to and from the ship is longer than 15 minutes. (closer to 20-30 minutes. I think it took 10-15 minutes just to get clear of the industrail area. Then Freeport, then Our Lucaya.)

Also remember that you are expected back on the Sensation earlier than the departure time. (I know in Nassau they pull out at 7AM, but there was a sign as you left the ship to be back on board by no later than 5:30AM. I didn't pay attention in Freeport, as I knew we would be back early because it was the formal night)

It is extremely easy to catch a cab back from either end of the marketplace, just past the two straw markets.
But like somebody said, they won't leave until they fill the van. (and after our driver told us what gas cost him in Freeport, I truly cannot blame them)
So I wouldn't wait until everybody else has already returned to the ship, to try and leave.

Bill
Sept. 18, 2010 -
Sept. 19, 2009 -
Inspiration - Jan. 10, 2010- Grand Cayman, Cozumel
Freedom - February 8th, 2009 - Key West, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios Jamaica
Glory - September 8th, 2007 - Key West, Cozumel, Progresso, Nassau
Sensation - Freepor-Nassau
Jan. 28th, 2007 -
Sept. 10th, 2006 -