View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2007, 09:13 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to DalTX

I took POAmerica in July. We did the sunrise tour with Ehaki Tours,and I can tell you,I FROZE! I had a warm up suit,jacket,hat,gloves and small blanket,and it was so cold and windy,I spent most of my time in the van. Another couple from Chicago said they could not have braved it without the thermal blankets off their hotel bed (which they laughed at the van driver when he told them to go back for the blankets). It was miserable.But,the drive down was nice,and glad I went. We had a really nice breakfast at a golf course when we got down the crater. The ride up was nice as the whole way was lit up with the burning fires of the sugar cane fields. We had booked the same tour your taking with the Ocean Center included,but NCL cancelled that on us stating they did not have enough interest in the OC part of the tour..dont know thats true,but thats why we booked the Crater tour thru Ehaki.

We took the Big Kahuna flight with Airventures in Kauhi. It was wonderful! So beautiful from the air.

Did the luau thru NCL which was awesome! Road To Hana thru Ehaki Tours. Im so glad we did not rent a car and drive ourselves! We saw a lady and her daughter that had a wreck on the road,and the passenger side was hanging over the side! The daughter had to climb out the drivers side. Sure looked scary to us and hubby was very glad he could enjoy the view instead of the road.

VNP thru NCL..and it was awesome with lots of stops.Just missed seeing the lava flowing at night. We are going back with POA in Feb 2009! We loved Hawaii. Dot