View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Biggest tip is always have a plan B, whether for flights, shore excursions or the like. Plan B starts with luggage - break down what you carry and distribute it across suitcases, carry on, and in the hold. If a suitcase in the hold does not arrive it will not be critical when half your socks and shirts are in the carry on that did make it. 8) If a couple, mix your stuff across the suitcases, ditto kiddo stuff. Redundancy is good for small items. Be sure the most important items (tickets, cash, regulators (for us diver types) stay in hand at all time. Front button pocket "safari" shirts can assure items stay on you, whether a foldable wallet, a ticket or a passport.

Second biggest tip is to arrive a day ahead of time in port. Your late luggage may thank you and it will reduce stress. 8)

I take it you are xUCLA? I'm xUSC, but don't hold a grudge since I'm also xCal Poly. 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by "xCalBear
I'd appreciate any insights and tips you and other travelers can offer.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas