View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Admiral

Quite honestly, my first cruise was on the Carnival Imagination and I was totally shocked at how small our OV stateroom was....we immediately went up to the Lido deck for lunch and felt much better with food in our tummy and a couple of umbrella drinks. When we returned to our stateroom, our luggage had been delivered and took up the entire available space left in our room, HA!! But, after finding adequate space for all our clothes and hiding the luggage under our beds, the room seemed larger than when we first entered. We booked an interior room just once and it was very claustrophic for me....that was the last time, I only book OV or balcony rooms now, depending on who I am traveling with (95% of the time it is a balcony). The larger, newer ships are huge and I have never felt confined or closed in...the common areas can get a little crowded at certain times of the day but there is always a quiet spot somewhere on the ship. There are so many activities on the ship, day and night, I don't think you will be bored either...believe me, everything will fall into place. On Carnival, unlike other cruise lines, all the common areas have windows...the buffet dining room, formal dining rooms, Promenade deck, Lobby deck, etc.