View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Meditterean Cruise- Summer/Fall 08, What cruise line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grosnl19
My finance and I want to take a cruise in the Summer or Fall of 2008. We would like a cruise that departs from Rome so we can spend a few extra days sight seeing there. We are 30 years old and don't want a cruise filled with kids or senior citizens. We are looking to visit Italy, Spain and Croatia...anyother places would be a plus. Also we want to visit these locations when it isn't soooo hot. I know Italy can get vary warm in Summer....I was thinking September, but I will leave it to the experts. Thanks for all your advice.

Nikki
I have been on 5 Med Cruises in the past and am going again in November. We prefer late season (October/November) for the cooler weather and almost no children. We prefer Celebrity as a Cruise line, but have sailed on Carnival in the Med two times and found the itinerary hard to beat. Nest year the will have two new ships in the fall doing alternate eastern and western 12 day cruises. The passenger profile is younger than most lines. We have found the food to be good although not as good as Celebrity but better than RCCL. Entertainment not so great, but with their itineries this should not be a factor. The best part is that they overnight in Venice on the Western Med.

Venton

PS If you have other questions I will try to awnser them.