View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2007, 09:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default RVing

Louise----Speaking from experience I offer this.

I retired from Civil Service when I was 62. That was in 1982. Helen and I decided that we want to see the USA and Canada, so be bought an RV. First it was a 41 foot 5th Wheel. We wanted to live it so we did . Sold all our furniture and put personal stuff in a storage. We were in Albuquerque at the time so we selected a storage high and dry there.

We lived on the road untile 1985 and decided the 5th Wheel was unhandy because we had no transportation to move about while parked. So We bout us a 40 Diesel pushed Motor Home. We put a cougar in tow and that was fine. We lived in the MH for 10 years and traveled every state in the lower 40 and all Pronvinces in Canada. We loved it. We followed the sun and belonging to 2 Campground memberships mad it very handy and reasonalable to live on the road.

No property tax and would park it at a member campground and traveled the world and cruised whereever and whenever we wished.

My recomendation is go for the RV and enjoy it. You cannot go wrong.

We regret we had to leave the road because of care of kind folks so we built our home in Ocoee.

If you need any details give me a shout.

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!