View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Seeking Opinions on Hawaii Excursions

Hold that boat! Just did a day trip to Maui from San Antonio, TX. A few comments.

Maui Ocean Center was nice, although smaller than I thought it would be (used to live by Marineland of the Pacific and now live by Sea World, San Antonio). Nice assortment of critters and view of the harbour.

If going to Lahaina would be nice to hit the Atlantis sub. The town itself is a bit touristy - kinda reminded me of Monterey or Carmel. Locals are friendly enough - hung with some Atlantis crew.

Foothills around Lahaina have been burnt (wildfire, not just cane fires) so not as green as old photos suggest but the coast and surf are cool.

Yes, you need to dress warm as you will be climbing in altitude for Haleakala. No way around that - just take a second suitcase - or take a helicopter to do the crater.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaTEKKE
Hi All,

Maui Day 1 - Kaanapali on your own (will combine with Lahaina if I can)
Maui Day 2 - Haleakala & Maui Ocean Center

On Maui, I've heard fantastic reviews of the show at Warren & Annabelle's, but it looks REALLY pricey for an evening out. Also, I'd had my heart set on Haleakala at sunrise, until I saw a photo in the "Maui Revealed" book. Everyone looked miserably cold, except for one gentleman in a ski coat!! I'd love to see this, but don't want to take up half my suitcase with a ski coat. Any thoughts on whether these tours would be worthwhile?

Thanks!
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas