View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Admiral

Default Re: First Cruise for our Honeymoon on Celebrity Constellatio

soontobemrso,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
I'm so confused as to packing for this cruise. We are going on an 11 night Celebrity cruise on Constellation in the end of November for our honeymoon. I took a look at Celebrity's website and it looks like everything is more formal that what we are used on a day to day basis. I have no problem dressing up, actually I love to dress up

I don't want to be overdressed or underdressed either. For the formal nights DH will wear his tux and I have a few formal dresses picked out, what I am more concerned about are the informal and casual nights. I know that there is a no jeans rule in the main dining room after 6pm, no problem. Casual nights should be bad, I'm thinking khakis and a nice shirt or a casual dress or skirt? What about "informal" nights for DH? He doesn't own a sports coat and never wears ties, what is the norm for these nights?
Yes, Celebrity is pretty dressy. For the "informal" evenings, gentlemen wear sport coats or "blazers" (the necktie is now officially optional) with collared shirts or turtlenecs, dress slacks, and dress shoes while ladies generally wear cocktail dresses, many of which would be acceptable on "formal" evenings. On the "casual" evenings, gents wear shirts with collars and slacks while ladies usually wear stylish tops with skirts or slacks.

On Caribbean cruises, there's usually a deck party on the "casual" evening that falls in the middle of the cruise. On that evening, gents usually wear shirts with colorful "island" or "Hawai'ian" prints and many ladies wear dresses or skirts with similar prints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Any must have items we should pack? I would love to see a packing list if anyone has one. And what's the deal with duct tape?
The first post in the "Packing Made Simple" thread contains packing lists for both men and women for a fourteen night Celebrity cruise. You'll need to change the 15's to 12's and adjust the quantities of "formal" and "informal" eveningwear to the number of each type of evening on your cruise. With those adjustments, it should work out pretty well.

Norm.