Thread: Issues
View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Captain

IMHO customer service is NOT their strong suit. I hit some bumps along the way and even mailed back my C&A card when they failed to remedy an overcharge. Then they took me seriously and were overly gracious. So now I am Diamond + and have even started selling cruises. It only takes a trip to any of the complaint boards to realize that all of the "contempory/mass market" cruise lines are going to drop the ball. It's what they do with it after that that sticks in our minds. Fortunately, I can compare a multitude of cruises with "RCI" and am quite happy with the value for my dollar.

Another problem is the chronic or unreasonable complainer. Any cruise line has to quickly assess if and how you were damaged and compensate you based on that assessment. I met an "RCI" cruiser a couple of years ago who boldly admitted that his wife was down at "Guest Relations" complaining about anything and everything to try and get them upgraded. He said it works quite often and I didn't show my disgust but obviously "they" detract from legitimate complaints. Hope I don't sound too much like a defender, just my perspective, Robbie