View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2007, 03:50 PM
First Mate

I have never heard of 'drunken moneys' and expect it is more of an urban myth than anything else. Antigua is a very proud country and theyappear to be trying to protect their environment. Travelbugs, I suspect you've never been there. And, for goodness sakes why SHOUT shame at someone for asking a question or suggesting a boycott an entire country because of a rumor or possible past activity. I should be boycotting the entire US I guess and virtually every other country as well. That's why these boards are here....to ask questions.
We took a great tour with "Asa", a very nice fellow with a large clean AC modern van (13 passenger), just beyond the terminal area with the taxis, tours etc. It was $25 each but I suspect he would do a deal if you filled his van up with your group. Very good tour included sights of some gorgeous beaches, Nelson Dockyards, Shirley Heights, amazing Stanford airport development area (old sugar cane plantation area). 2 1/2 hour tour extended to 5 hours!! since everyone wa enjoying it and he was willing to keep going. Saw quite a bit of a beautiful island