View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2007, 03:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Gorgeous early fall day in NH, sunny and warm with a hint of the foliage to come. I had taken a client in for an exercise class and was on my way to meet her resource coordinator. On the way I heard it on the radio. I met up with the RC, I told her what was happening. I remember looking at the sky and thinking how could something so horrible be happening and the day stay so beautiful. After our appointment I took the client to our home for coffee. I watched the news until lunch time. We were supposed to meet a friend for lunch at a local restaurant. We got there we went in and waited. Our friend never showed up. She was on the phone all day with her husband in Washington DC. He worked across from the Pentagon and was describing everything to her. Finishing the work day was hard. We made it through that horrible day. I will never forget it.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain