View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Familiar Face

I am the "Second Hand Lion"...Tony, and my partner of 18 years is Scott. We met in the 80's when we were both flight crew members for different air carriers. I was 32 he was 24. I am now of AARP membership age (and am a proud AARP member!) and Scott is not! Scott is still in the airline industry and I am not. Scott finally convinced me to try a cruise in 1997 and I was hooked. We have done many cruises together, but unfortunately, we have started to have to cruise separately due to our "at home" lifestyle. I rescue and raise exotic animals and dogs (emu's, potbellies, swans, macaws, raccoon, birds, alligator snapping turtle, chickens and six dogs!), one of our dogs is an educational K-9 and a celebrity as seen on Animal Planet. Scott's Mom used to care for the "gang" when we went on our cruises but she will be 80 in a couple of years and chasing pigs or emu's is not high are her list as fun!

I will do my first "solo" cruise on December 01, 2007 on the Grand Princess out of Port Everglades. I have been so spoiled by Scott that I will probably just relax by the pool or on the little balcony and when I do venture into the public areas I will try not to wear stripes and plaid! I have no taste to speak of...and am a farmer not a fashion plate so I'm sure it will be quite an experience for me and all the other passengers! It will be fun nonetheless. Scott has been cruising with his Mom a lot lately and now it's my turn for a short break.

So if you happen to be on the Grand Princess in December and you see a guy (well built and not bad looking) badly dressed using lots of Purell and picking up the Salt and Pepper shakers with napkins (I'm germ phobic), say hi.

Cruise safe and Cruise healthy!

Holland America's: Statendam, Veendam (x2), Ryndam, Zaandam, Zuiderdam.

Celebrity's: Millennium.

Princess': Grand (x2), Golden, Coral, Island, Ruby, Crown.

Carnival's: Freedom

"Live each day as if it were your last, because in the end it does not matter what you have done with your life, what matters is what you wanted to do...and didn't!"