Thread: General Advice
View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: General Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie McDonald
My Hubby and I are planning a cruise. How long in advance should we plan? We are planning for a 4 day cruise. How much should I budget? We do not have passports yet. I know we need them and are going to get them soon. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. Also my husband is semi claustrophobic - How big are rooms on Carnival.

Ang M

Its best to start planning to book a cruise 1 year in advance for the following reason:

1. Airfare is cheaper and the sooner you get it the more flights that are available

2. Cruise fare are also cheaper and if the rates go down you can ask for an upgrade or Onboard Credit

3. Hotels again the sooner you book the more hotels that are available, I know that the Holiday Inn out of Miami books well into 8 months out. I book this hotel a year out.

4. You are not in Penalty phase for a long time and can cancel if you need too.

How much spending money on a 4 day cruise, I recommend 100.00 per day per passenger. Take small denomiations for Tips for pier porters, buses, cab, hotels etc.

Passports? You better get this rolling. There are alot of printers that can print out Passport pictures that are 2 x 2 inches. Mines does this and I print out my own passport pics, these can save you 12 to 15 dollars each.

These cabins are much larger then RCCL cabins, he shouldn't have a problem, I recommend a balcony cabin as it feels alot bigger and open compared to an Inside cabin.

Fred