View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Admiral

Default Day tour to the pyramids, sphinx, Cairo etc

Gary:

Would be interested in tour leads and what you find out. I'm looking into doing a quick long weekend recon trip from San Antonio to Cairo via Istanbul in early November.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjmarmer
We are booked on the Insignia Leaving from Istanbul on November 10 and arriving at Alexandria on November 16. We are interested in a day tour to the pyramids, sphinx, Cairo etc. I sent an e-mail to the Egyptian Tourist Bureau and received a number of responses from various companies. Is there anyone else that has already booked a tour with a company? It seems like the fare varies from $60-70 per person, including lunch. Some offer vans, one mentioned a bus. There are four of us, and we don't want to be crowded into a car for the 2-1/2 hour drive each way.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas