View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2005, 04:31 PM
Default Re: Sensation stabilizers

I have never been seasick, even during a rough storm in the Med many years ago. Up to this point, I have always thought that storm should have caused me cookie come-uppance if I were susceptible. Having said that, I tap my Sensation shipknack for luck, and pray she doesn't prove me wrong during this next trip.

I also pray that Chris does not read these comments. Thus far, the roughest Chris has experienced was our last sea day on "Inspiration." We were playing Scrabble with my other family members in the Library. We could feel occasional rolls and pitches, but nothing I considered major. Suddenly there was a LOUD boom, either as an oversize wave broke against the ship's side, or as the bulbous bow settled hard into a trough. In either case, it reverberated on all decks in the vicinity of the Atrium, loud enough to make some pax gasp. It was more audible than it was perceptible through motion sense. Even then, Chrisi's cookies remained where they belonged, a testament to the power of Transderm.

I don't want anything she may read to taint her expectations for another cookie kept voyage. All of our cruises have been perfect in that regard, even when we sailed through some rough spinning out from H. Isabel aboard Enchantment. I pray our luck does not run out.

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03 Just had to go back.
Inspiration 3/04 Just have to go back again, and again, and again...
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!
Summit 03/06 It's Margaret's fault!