Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2001, 12:36 PM
kristene

Default Three adults in one cabin?

My sister and I are thinking of taking our mother on a cruise to Alaska sometime next year. There would be the three of us, do any of the cruise lines have cabins large enough to accomodate three adults?

Does anybody have any suggestions on specific iteneraries, cruise lines, ships, or dates. I have cruised before, but it was a Carribean cruise. I don't have any idea of where to even look.
Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2001, 12:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Three adults in one cabin?

We are booked on Ocean Princess in June, 5 of us. One has a balcony cabin for 2 people and the other three have a room with a window (outside deluxe) and it holds 3 people. (Two twin beds and a pull down from the ceiling)> Hopefully theyw ill be comfortable because I am the one who has the balcony room. Good Luck! Jo
Old January 25th, 2001, 10:16 PM
Admiral

Yes, most cruise lines do have cabins for a third and/or fourth person in assorted categories. And, the third person rate is frequently very reasonable.

I would recommend Princess, Holland America, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean (in that order). Suggest you check our CruiseMates' Alaska, 2001 section, which has a wealth of information on ships and itineraries. And, an air/sea package from the cruise line is a very good route to go.

I would strongly recommend a ship that stops at Glacier Bay (see our Alaska itinerary area). It's just awesome, and not all cruise lines have permission to stop there.

Rates are lowest before Feb. 15, the cut off early booking period for most cruise lines. If you don't already have a good agent experienced in cruises, there are a good number in CruiseMates' classifed area who can help you. You'll work with an agent to narrow down ship by the dates, prices and cabins you want.

Ask any other questions...

Regards,
Anne Campbell
Editor, CruiseMates
Old February 1st, 2001, 10:26 AM
Admiral

I wouldn't hesistate to go with 3 in a cabin. You will be greatly rewarded with cheaper overall per person price that can be used for another tour. For me most everything I go to Alaska for is outside the ship.
Old February 14th, 2001, 01:54 PM
Dawn Stefano

Lots of people do it and it's true that you don't spend a lot of time in your cabin. Still, it will be fairly tight, particularly in the storage area since you'll be packing heavier clothing than if you were going on a Caribbean sailing. If you're considering Princess as you mentioned in your other post, you might want to think about an outside cabin without a balcony. The balcony is a nice amenity, but I believe on these ships it will eat into your actual living space. Or, if you can splurge, you might want to go for a mini-suite.

I believe Holland America cabins are a little bigger than those on Princess if you're at all concerned.

Either way, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!