Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2001, 06:25 PM
First Mate

Default Side of the boat

Going from Juneau to Vancouver, which side of the boat is preferable, and why?
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2001, 01:37 PM
eeinusa

Default Re: Side of the boat

I'd love to hear back on this too -- we opted for a portside cabin (left, when facing forward) because we were told we would really enjoy the coastal scenery.
Old March 9th, 2001, 05:22 PM
Passenger

Am going Northbound Vancouver to Seward 5/28 on Sea Princess. I changed my booking to be on the 'right' or east side. Have heard on several posts it really makes no difference. Would seem closer to the most land would be better. We have a balconey by the way.Good luck, Dick
Old March 10th, 2001, 12:18 PM
Admiral

From Juneau- Vancouver the place to be is at the front of the ship on an open deck This is whale rich area and definately worth the time and effort to see it all, wear layers under a lined nylon jacket and knit hat and gloves- with a good pair of wide angle binoculars. You will be richly rewarded!!!!!!!!! In the last full sailing day, I most always see white sided dolphins, dolls porpoises, orca whales and humpback whales. BUT I am out there the full day and most cruisers are not.
Old March 18th, 2001, 08:52 PM
Harry Bell

The port side or left facing foward the ship usually makes a full circle whereever it goes. Last year on the Ocean Princess the Port side was where I got the really good pictures, The promenade deck is also good.
Old March 23rd, 2001, 02:24 PM
Allison

It really is spectacular from all sides! We were on the Rhapsody of the Seas, and there were glass windows everywhere, which made it great if it got too chilly. I agree about taking the time to just look for the wildlife, you won't be disappointed! I was really moved by the sight of hundreds of dolphins,just jumping along with us. It is a breathtaking cruise! Take the time to take it all in. We are going again in 54 days on Infinity, I'm going crazy!