Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 19th, 2001, 11:31 PM
First Mate

Default Vancouver Hotel

Planning to arrive in Vancouver the day before our inside passage cruise. Can anyone give me any input on the Ramada Limited on Pinder St.? Got a good price, and as long as it's clean we can do without the "amenities" for 1 night!

Also, if anyone knows about the Airport Plaza Hotel in Seattle I'd like to hear what you have to say.

Thanks!
Char
Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2001, 12:04 PM
Susan Milne

Default Re: Vancouver Hotel

Hi Char,

The Ramada Limited is in the same area as the Delta Suites. It is right downtown and close to Canada Place and the waterfront. Rates usually include continental breakfast. I guess you have already checked their web site at http://www.ramadalimited.org/

A number of older hotels in downtown Vancouver have been refurbished and renovated by popular hotel chains over the last year or two. This looks like one of those.

I haven't actually been in the hotel. I'll try to check it out for you - that will be easier if this transit strike would end!! Hopefully it will be over by the time the ships start arriving.

Susan
Old April 21st, 2001, 12:58 PM
First Mate

Thnks Susan! I did look at the website before booking. But you never know what's hype and what's reality. We had originally booked the Barclay Hotel, but then found out they don't have elevators! The Barclay doesn't mention this on their website.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Char
Old April 22nd, 2001, 02:46 PM
Fiona

Hi Susan

My husband and I will be staying at the Delta Suites in Vancouver during May. It looks like quite a nice hotel. Have you any personal knowledge?

Thanks

Fiona
Old May 1st, 2001, 04:56 PM
Mart

We stayed at the Delta suites 3 years ago. It's a very nice up-scale hotel--it should be based on the prices they charge--It appeares that this hotel caters to more business people than tourists. It is very well located in walking distance to Canada Place and Gastown. Gastown is a nice place to walk around, shop and have dinner.
Enjoy your cruise
Old May 1st, 2001, 06:39 PM
Kadie

We're booked into the Days Inn in August (also on Pender)... its real close to Canada Place - anyone else stayed there?
Old May 3rd, 2001, 02:45 PM
fiona

Thanks mart. We have got a good deal at the hotel - in one of the Signature Club Suites. Only two weeks to go!!!
Old May 8th, 2001, 09:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

If you need a hotel in Vancouver, definitely try Priceline. I (and quite a few others) have gotten rooms for $35-$45/night USD at the Renaissance. It is about 2 miles from Canada Place and their front desk said their van will take you (or I'm sure a taxi couldn't be $5 for that far. I got the Renaissance through Priceline for Easter weekend and it was very nice. I bid again for the last weekend in August and got it. It's a huge savings and a very nice hotel.
Old June 26th, 2001, 02:32 PM
First Mate

I agree - try Priceline - i had previously booked a room at an older hotel in Vancouver for $99 CDN - but read about the deals some were getting on Priceline for the Renessaince and I tried it.

use the link below for "bonus money"

http://pub4.ezboard.com/fpricelinean...icID=172.topic

If you puruse tha board, you will see many folks getting winning bids for the $35-$45 previously mentioned here. make sure you only bid the Vancouver Downtwon area - and only 3 star or better. I would try bidding $40US plus the link gives you $5 bonus money.

When I checked my winning bid later via the confirm # at the Renaissance Marriot web site - it showed Priceline paying $65 CDN for the room - so given the exchange rate, a total bid of $44 US should be sufficient to win. back the $5 bonus off of the $44 and you get a starting point of $39.