Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2001, 10:12 PM
Yeoman

Default When do you find out what cabin you are in?

We have booked the June 2nd, Alaska Cruise and have a guaranteed category. I am wondering if we will have to wait until we are boarding the ship to find out what cabin we are assigned to or if they post this information on your booking information at their internet site prior to departure. If you do wait until you board the ship to find out what cabin you are in, what do you put on your luggage tags?

Thanks,

Carol
Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2001, 11:22 PM
Admiral

Default Re: When do you find out what cabin you are in?

I have found out both ways you mention- in advance and at the pier. It depends on the cruise lines as well. Just ask your ta. That would be the best resource for you information. The porters at Canada Place have the cabin lists and extra tags. You just fill them out there.
Old April 22nd, 2001, 11:48 PM
Yeoman

Thank you Karen, that does raise another question for me as I thought once I left L.A. I would not see my luggage again until it was delivered on the ship. Do we need to claim our luggage when we land in Vancouver?
Old April 23rd, 2001, 05:58 PM
Mike Mastellar

Carol;
It depends if you have purchased the cruiselines transfers from the airport to the ship. If you have you will need to put your tags on the luggage when you check-in in L.A. If you did not purchase the cruiselines transfers, you will pick up your luggage as normal and put your tags on the bags before you get to the pier.

Take Care;
Mike
Monday Chat Host: 7:00 PM Pacific Time
Old May 1st, 2001, 06:38 PM
Carole Dunham

Don't worry about luggage tags at the pier. You can always put guarantee on the tags along with all the other information. The stevedores will put your luggage on the ship and they will also have a list onboard. You will get your luggage just like you always do. I always like getting my cabin assignment at the pier. I've had a couple of nice surprises (upgrades).

Carole