Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 7th, 2001, 09:55 AM
Tannya

Default wine/wine glasses/Mercury

This may seem a strange question but does anyone remember if the Mercury has a nice wine selection and just as important, nice big balloon red wine glasses? My husband and I enjoy wine with dinner and are pretty picky about the wine and even the glass it is served in. We usually carry our own glasses but if the ship has nice ones then that is one piece of luggage I can leave home. I read a post somewhere where someone brought along a case of their favorite wine and the ship charged a corkage fee to serve it.
That is always an option but if they have a decent selection, no need to bother with that. Thank you! Tannya
Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2001, 12:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: wine/wine glasses/Mercury

We were on the Mercury 2 years ago. They did not have balloon glasses at that time. There selection wine was ok. My partner and I are into wine as well. We brought a few bottles of our own from home and wished we had brought more. We are cruising to Alaska on Infinity in Sept. and plan on bringing at least 1/2 cse.
Have a great trip