Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2001, 10:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Any reviews on the Grande Denali??

My husband, daughter and I are planning a trip to Denali National Park Aug 31 to Sep 4th. We are thinking of staying at the new place Grande Denali...any reviews?? or can you recommend other places for under $150/night?
Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2001, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Any reviews on the Grande Denali??

Will you have transportation???? There are several excellent B & B's, but without a car your choices are limited. Look for discounts as some hotels consider Sept. the "shoulder season".
Old July 11th, 2001, 06:37 PM
Shar

Old July 11th, 2001, 07:31 PM
First Mate

Take a look at www.denalisummertimes.com
Old July 16th, 2001, 05:20 PM
Admiral

If I am not mistaken- I think I read a post of someone who stayed here. they claimed there was a "1 mile hilly walk" to get anywhere. Please verify this if you are without a car.
Old July 29th, 2001, 07:29 PM
Yeoman

We were in Denali earlier this summer and ate several meals at the Grande Denali while in the area. We were staying at the Denali Princess and were very disappointed with the service and quality of the rooms (it was truly Motel 6 at non Motel 6 prices). When we return to Denali in the coming years, this is where we will probably stay. All of the rooms are supposed to be the same - 2 double beds - but we spoke with several people who were staying there who said the rooms were quite nice for the price. When we were there, the hotel had just opened, but the restaurant had been open for a couple of weeks. The food was very good and the views were breathtaking. Just a note - it is a 1 mile hike to get anywhere from the hotel - if you don't have a car, I don't recommend staying there if walking is an issue. This was our first visit to Alaska, and I chose to do all of the land booking myself - which saved lots of money - and everything worker out fine. If you need additional tips, please let me know.

One more note, we chose to spend the night in Cooper Landing on the way to our cruise. We stayed at the Kenai Princess and REALLY enjoyed it. We had a small suite (for off season prices) and will definately schedule time there on our next trip. The food was great also!

Have a great trip.
Old October 17th, 2001, 05:33 PM
Ann Miller

Thank you for mentioning the (www.denalidomehome.com) Denali Dome Home Bed and Breakfast as being a great place to stay. I didn't even know this site was up until a guest who just booked two rooms for two days in July 2002 with us mentioned it.

He stated the Denali Dome Home B&B had many good reviews on this site. Thank you all.

For more good information about Denali National Park, Alaksa, or Healy, Alaksa, which is the first town 12 miles north of the Park see
http://www.denalichamber.com, which is the Denali Chamber's new website or for state information see http://www.bbaa.alaska.com which is a statewide directory of excellent bed and breakfasts.