Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2001, 06:16 PM
Nichole

Default Princess or Celebrity

Hello,

My family is taking an Alaskan cruise next summer. Currently there are 8 people going with an age range from 17-75. I was wondering which cruise line would be better Princess or Celebrity or does it even matter which cruise line you take? One travel agent told me Princess, another told me Celebrity. He said with the age range we had going that Celebrity would be better for us. Does anyone have any comments or opinions on this? Thanks in advance for any responses.
Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2001, 09:45 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Princess or Celebrity

Actually - I believe the age range would be better for you guys on Princess! I would think the young adults would be bored on Celebrity. I think Princess offers something for everyone - the young and young at heart.

I would suggest the Star Princess for next summer. It has a pool with a retractable roof (good if Alaska weather is cool), has many night clubs for everyone's taste and I believe the food options and food is better. I found Celebrity to be "stuffy".

I have sailed Princess twice and Celebrity once and am going back to Princess for Thanksgiving.

I would also suggest the sun class Princess ships (Sea, Dawn, Ocean, Sun). They are great ships also.
Old July 16th, 2001, 06:27 PM
Admiral

I think your choices should first be based on ports and glacier with Glacier Bay a priority for me. Either ship will offer you a good cruise.
Old July 18th, 2001, 03:50 PM
BroweZilla

...to me College Fjord was the highlight. Stunningly beautiful! I would definitely recommend picking an itinerary that hits Glacier Bay and College Fjord.

Having cruised on Princess and Celebrity, I think Princess offers the most flexibility in onboard activities and style (buffet dinners or dining room or pizza or room service, movie/show/comedian, shows repeated on other nights at different time slots, etc.), however I find Celebrity unmatched in elegance in midpriced lines, although they have a more relaxed (subdued) activity list.