Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2001, 05:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Lori
Default Infinity Dress Code/Alaska

Any advice as to just how "formal" people dress on Infinity? In the Caribbean, formal was just Sunday Dress Clothes, but on our Canadian cruise, formal was FORMAL. I don't have evening gowns and would rather not go buy new ones just for this trip. Any advice is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old July 18th, 2001, 01:14 AM
Alaska Cruiser

Default Re: Infinity Dress Code/Alaska

Lori,

Shown below is my reponse to Stephanie's "Mercury anyone going??" post on 7/5/01. I am guessing that things on Mercury would be pretty similar to that on Infinity. Mercury in Alaska was very much on the "Sunday Dress Clothes" end of the spectrum

Alaska Cruiser

-------------------------------------------

From
<http://www.cruise-forums.com/read.php?f=7&i=8218&t=8210>

"Another thing to note is that people dressed more casually in the Manhattan Restaurant than we had expected from reading the cruise brochure. The "Mercury Today" newsletter says no jeans in the Manhattan at any time. Many people wore jeans at breakfast, lunch, and casual dinners. It didn't seem to be a problem for anyone.

At dinner people dressed up nice for the formal nights. Most of the men wore suites - very few tuxes. The women dressed nice, but you didn't see much of the cocktail dress stuff. People seemed to wear what they already owned - not stuff they would only wear on a cruise.

On the "informal" nights, we saw a little of everything. Some people dressed up, others went more casual. Again, it didn't seem to be a big deal how anyone dressed. Contrary to the brochure, there were three casual nights, not two - the first and last nights and at Juneau."
Old July 18th, 2001, 03:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Lori:

My wife and I were on the 7 day Infinity cruise to Alaska May 11. On the formal night my wife wore a black cocktail length dress and I wore a black suit. There were a few tuxes but not many. On the Informal nights I wore Dockers with a blazer and tie ....wife has a nice dark pant suit and we actually felt overdressed.

Enjoy your cruise.

Ray
Old July 22nd, 2001, 09:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

On the Mercury sister ship to Infinity, formal night had tuxes, suits and jackets and slacks for men. Women wore whatever dress they thought was dressy, some more elegant than others. I wore a plain long black knit dress with either a necklace or scarf and did not look out of place.

helen
Old July 26th, 2001, 05:43 PM
wanda

We were on the Infinity on July 13 and on formal night I wore a nice pant suit and my husband wore a pair of black dress slacks and a gray jacket and we both flt very comfortable. There were a few tuxs and formal dresses but not many.