Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 18th, 2001, 08:24 PM
First Mate

Default Star Princess

We have just booked our first cruise for June of 2002, on the Star Princess. We are interested in hearing from other who are also planning a trip on the new ship.
Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2001, 06:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Star Princess

We are seriously thinking about booking this ship for next July but we haven't been able to get any rate information from anyone yet. Did you book directly through Princess or through a travel agent? Everyone keeps telling us to hold out for Princess deals that should come out soon. Did they tell you to go ahead and book and then you will be eligible for discounts later? Also, 2 of the 4 of us would like to do a 3 or 4 night cruisetour.
Old July 22nd, 2001, 08:00 PM
First Mate

Donna,
Hopefully I will have some information to help you. We have booked with a travel agent in Anchorage named Mary Smith with the Alaska Cruise Center. She has been helpful in advising of us. Including that the sooner one books the more opprtunity there is for upgrades, as well as deals that may become available. I would suggest first logging on to their website at www.alaskacruisecenter.com.
We are booked on there 10 night , 11 day cruisetour. On the website it is ACC Tour 103N for 2001. Mary can be reached 800-939-4322. She will be able to give you rates for next year. The 2002 brocehure by Princess will be out in September, at that time more information will be available on the Star. Good luck with your search for information. I would like to hear how you make out, and hopefully you will have some hints for myself and my husband.
Best Regards,
Sharon
Old July 27th, 2001, 10:00 PM
Audrey Belcher

I booked a year ahead and did not get a upgrade at the end. Alaska cruises are very popular and unless you book a inside cabin you could maybe be upgraded to outside. We had a balancy it was very nice but since I booked a year a head you would think that they would have put me in a better location.