Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2001, 03:13 PM
Della

Default Car rental in Seward, AK

We are (probably) planning to rent a car in Anchorage and drive to Seward to board our ship (Dawn Princess). If anyone has done this, how did you get from the car rental return (probably the airport in Seward) to the ship?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2001, 09:39 AM
Browezilla

Default Re: Car rental in Seward, AK

Here's has a courtesy phone & they will dispatch a pickup bus. The bus runs very regularly for cruise passengers so you probably don't even need to call. The bus stops right outside of the building where you pick up your luggage. I suggest that you pull your luggage off to the side then go get the car, then come back for you luggage (it's only about a 1/2 mile). Much easier than dragging your luggage onto the bus.
Old August 2nd, 2001, 09:51 AM
Deanno

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I understand... who has a courtesy phone? Are you referring to when you get the car (in Anchorage) or where you return the car? Is there some available way to get from the car rental return to the ship boarding spot? Thanks, sorry I'm not getting it!
Old August 2nd, 2001, 11:30 AM
Admiral

You need to book these one way rentals immediately as they are in extremely short supply. Hertz is the only major rental in Seward. Their office is about 1/2 mile from the ship, just call and they will pick you up. I have also walked leaving the luggage with my family. Return is right at Anchorage airport. I have driven many times and taken the train once.
Old August 2nd, 2001, 04:56 PM
Browezilla

My mistake. Sorry. In Anchorage, the rental is at the airport. The drop off is Seward is about 1/2 mile from the cruise dock, and Hertz has a courtesy shuttle to drop you at the embarkation point.

"We are (probably) planning to rent a car in Anchorage and drive to Seward to board our ship (Dawn
Princess). If anyone has done this, how did you get from the car rental return (probably the airport in
Seward) to the ship?"