Old August 5th, 2001, 10:01 AM
Muffet

Default Cruisetour #14

Cruisetour #14 Has anyone been on this? Was it any good? Leaving 8/22
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2001, 11:32 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Cruisetour #14

We are leaving Monday on Cruisetour 13, which is the twin, but reverse of Cruisetour 14. After booking this tour, I found these forums (this one and Cruise Critic.) After a month reading the postings here, this is what I'd do if I had it to do over.

I would book a round-trip cruise, because by the time you pay for the extra air, even if Princess does your booking (but you should DEFINITELY book your own air) the return trip is really cheap.

I would book ONLY the cruise, not the ground portion. I would book so I have a week layover in Seward/Anchorage and go up to Denali. None of the Princess tours take you deep enough into the park, but the Denali shuttle takes you in. You will read about this if you go back a few weeks in the postings here. There are lots of B & B's up by Denali where you can stay.

Your first reference book must be MILEPOST which you can get at your travel store, on Amazon, or even an older one on eBay or Half.com.

I think Princess way overcharges for the ground portion of this trip and I could have used that money so much better. You live and learn. And I am going to really enjoy this trip...but you asked, and that is what I'd do differently if I had it to do over.
Old August 5th, 2001, 02:30 PM
Vivian

Thanks,I also live & learn. WE would have done the same thing but booked cruise before read reviews on the net.Have learned a lot from the different boards. But is our first time and am going to enjoy it as it going to be great to get away. We are going to take the shuttle in Denali park and that is to mile 66 Eielson which heard is one of the best. Have a good trip.
Old August 6th, 2001, 09:22 AM
Admiral

YIKES- this sounds like my posts!!!! Be prepared to get blasted by the cruise tour people who can't admit they over paid and were shortchanged in the touring. On your own is the ONLY way to go. Also try the library for THE MILEPOST.
Old August 6th, 2001, 09:23 AM
Admiral

Unfortunately some of the "cruisetours" don't allow enough time to get to Eielson. Have a great trip.