Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2001, 09:52 AM
snobaby

Default URGENT - Ketchikan Excursion

My girlfriend and I are cruising on HA-Zaandam on 9/22/01. Based on this boards recommendation, I called Northern Lights to set up a fishing trip for her. Skipper Ken is trying to convince me I should come along. The problem is I am mobility challenged and can't walk long distances or stand for long. He assured me he would make sure I was able to get on the boat if I wanted to go along. I'm intrigued but a little worried because Skipper Ken is a Phys. Ed. teacher and might not realize just how long the walk might be. Does anyone have a suggestion on the distance or if I should go? Also I was wondering if anyone knows if I can call room service on the Ship and have them pack a lunch we can take on the boat since it will be during Lunch time. Please help ASAP because I told Skipper Ken I would call him today about whether I can go.
Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2001, 10:17 AM
Captain

Default Re: URGENT - Ketchikan Excursion

Many of the charter fishing boats dock very near the docks for the cruise ships. I am not sure where the charter fishing boat you are talking about docks. Even if it is a little ways away I am sure you will be able to find transportation to wherever the fishing boat is docked. I would talk to Skipper Ken and ask how close he docks to the ships and give it a try.
Old August 22nd, 2001, 11:42 AM
Audrey Belcher

My husband took a fishing trip thru Ketchikan charters and they pick you up at the dock where the ship docks and you get in their boat right there. Email me if you want more information
Old August 24th, 2001, 03:22 PM
Passenger

Don't know about the ship packing a lunch for you but you can do it yourself in a couple of ways.

Take a insulated bag and ziplock baggies with you and

1. Order from room service the night before the fishing trip. Pack the food in the insulated bag and take with you when you leave the ship.

2. If you go to a buffet for breakfast, pick up a tray with items you would like for the picnic and take back to the room with you and pack in the insulated bag.

If you have a freezer pack, your room steward will freeze it for you.

Have a great time. I have fished in Alaska. My greatest disappointment was when I had to put back the biggest fish I had ever caught because they were not at limit. My greatest pleasure was keeping the ones within the limit, having them smoked and mailed back to me. MMMMM, mmmmm, good!!!
Old June 3rd, 2003, 02:48 PM
Ilene Turker

Default Re: Re: URGENT - Ketchikan Excursion

Did your husband have a great time with Ketchikan Charters? My husband and son plan to go. Who did he go with. Any ifo will help. thanks.