Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 9th, 2003, 03:58 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Rachel
Default booking excursions

Hi, we are booked on the Coral Princess for early August. My first question is how early some people seem to have been able to book shore excursions through Princess as I understood you could not book until 60 days before.
We are considering the following and I would love imput. I know I am thinking of rather expensive excursions , but I don't know if I'll be back and want the maximum Alaska experience.
Juneau - Helicopter Glacier Trek
Ketchikan - either the Neets Bay Bear Watch - (big concern is it too early?) OR the Heritage Town and Country Tour - ( for cultureand history in addition to outdoors stuff)
Skagway - Hei Hike and Rail Adventure- I liked the hike concept with a shorter train ride
Lastly, these are all listed as VIP which is sipposed to be more intimate. Again, any thoughts much appreciated.
Rachel
Sponsored Links
Old March 10th, 2003, 11:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: booking excursions

Rachel,
The Princess site is now taking ressies for Alaska 2003 excursions! Plus the independent groups have been booking summer 03 for months.
Old March 10th, 2003, 07:53 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Rachel
Default Re: Re: booking excursions

Hi Nan,
After reading your response I went to the web site and could not get a listing that indicated that Princess was booking- i.e. no shore excursions popped up to choose from
Thanks for your input
Rachel
Old March 14th, 2003, 04:41 AM
Admiral

A big consideration is if you are willing to book independently? It is my only choice as I don't do ship tours. For your interests- your choices will give you a great look at Alaska. If willing to direct book - contact Northstar Trekking in Juneau, Ketchikan- consider Anan or Traitors cove- both in season in August- Pro Mech won't direct book Neets Bay. Consider contacting Carlin Air or Island Wings. If you are looking for tours that are more "real Alaska" you won't get that on ship tours. Check out the above- likely savings as well.
Old March 16th, 2003, 07:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Rachel, don't know if you received my earlier email, but to book excursions with Princess now, all you need is your booking ID (number). From the main princess.com page hit the Cruise Rersonalizer tab and input your name and booking ID to have access to filling out all your preboarding information, including cruises, passport info, emergency contacts, etc.

Nan
Old March 17th, 2003, 10:11 PM
John Q

Rachael,
try online to the specific ports you are going for their visitor bureau. Get a visitor guide sent to you for each port, we used them considerably. Web sites and 800 phone #'s available for many of them. We booked for Island Wings in Ketchikan, Capt Larry in Juneau and Tribal Tours Bus Tour in Sitka independently and were not disappointed with any of them. Saved some money too. I had the Princess excursion guide but didn't hold onto it when we got home.
Old June 5th, 2003, 11:09 PM
Passenger

Rachel

IAside from the Skagway web site, there are other websites that offers tours in southeast Alaska into the Yukon. I went horseback riding on their Yukon Horseback Riding Tour Adventures and it was fantastic. There is a beautiful lake called Emerald Lake and it lives up to its name. The bus tour from Skagway to Carcross was just beautiful and diverse. I haven't gone on any of their other tours so can't say much about that, but here is their web site: www.southeasttours.com