Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 13th, 2002, 07:16 PM
Passenger

Default Planning parents 50th Wedding Anniversary

My sisters and I would like to send my parents on an Alaskan cruise for their 50th wedding anniversary. I have read some reviews on Princess and have read mixed reviews about the CruiseTours compared to the regular cruise. None of us have been on a cruise, so I was wondering what the opinion is. Which is better and gives you more of an "Alaskan experience"? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2002, 11:13 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Planning parents 50th Wedding Anniversary

A cruise tour will give you more options as it goes one way on the cruise- then an added interior tour. BUT round trip 7 day cruises are excellent, relaxing and scenic with the same interesting ports as a one way. Considerations for a one way- is to allow a long enough tour (also equals more money), so as to spend enough time at the destination, allow for the long transit times. You need to balance touring with your parents touring preferences. Interior touring may be better via train for time - allows more movement vs a bus but is longer. Determine their interests??? and choose carefully.